No matter of the season, wash and go’s are the go to style for many naturals. Depending on your hair care routine this style could be fairly easy to do while showcasing the beauty of your natural curl pattern which can also be modified into other styles as well. When wearing wash and go’s for a busy lifestyle, it can be helpful to know how to keep your style for 5-7days until wash day comes around.
Here are some tips:
- Moisture is key: When wearing a wash and go it’s important to moisturize your hair daily. This step will vary from person to person, but praying your hair with water, applying a leave-in conditioner or oils such as coconut oil will certainly add and keep moisture in your hair. If you want to have more elongated curls try not to over wet the hair during this step because this will lead to reversion.
- Have a consistent night routine: For this step you can use the pineapple method which is pulling your hair up into a loose ponytail at the top of your head in order to stretch the hair. You can also modify this method by doing a low loose ponytail, or even multiple loose ponytails. You can switch up the method however you need to fit your hair texture and length. Just don’t forget to utilize your satin scarf to keep your curls from drying out or frizzing.
- Curl activation: When you take your hair down in the morning it can be a little stubborn. Using a curl activator or crème will help activate your curls by defining them and adding moisture and shine.
- No disruptions: Throughout the day it will be very tempting to play with your curls, but if you want your style to last at least a week do your best to refrain! Playing in your hair to much will definitely cause the curls to frizz.
- Alternate style: If push comes to shove you can always extend the life of your wash and go by adding an accessory, doing an up-do, or another style.